Dr. Sukys is a native of Southern California – he was raised in the Silverlake neighborhood of Los Angeles prior to moving to La Cañada Flintridge for Junior High and High School. He graduated from La Cañada High School in 2008.
He then attended Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA for undergraduate studies, where he graduated in 2012 with Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa distinctions. In 2017, he graduated from Boston University School of Medicine with Cum Laude and Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honors.
Dr. Sukys went on to complete his Head & Neck Surgery Residency training at Yale University School of Medicine/Yale New Haven Hospital from 2017 to 2022. Dr. Sukys is thrilled to be returning home to southern California after spending the past 15 years on the east coast.
He returns with his wonderful wife, Morgan, with whom he attended LCHS, and his daughter, Madison. In his spare time, he enjoys family time, exercise, golf, craft beer, podcasts and reading. Dr. Sukys is pleased to welcome new patients with all issues pertaining to the head and neck region.
- Boston University School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
- Bucknell University
Bachelor of Arts
- Yale University School of Medicine/Yale New Haven Hospital
New Haven, CT
Department of Surgery - Division of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Licensure & Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, 2023
- State of California Medical License
Specialty – Otolaryngology
Dr. Sukys' expertise encompasses a broad range of otolaryngology services, including medical and surgical management of sinus, nasal congestion, voice and hearing loss issues.
Outpatient Surgery Center Affiliations
- Huntington Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Arcadia Outpatient Surgery Center
- Huntington Hospital, Pasadena
- USC Arcadia Hospital, Arcadia
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society
- Shah HP, Cohen O, Sukys J, Dibble J, Mehra S. The Impact of Frailty on Adjuvant Treatment in Patients with Head and Neck Free Flap Reconstruction - A Retrospective Study Using Two Independent Frailty Scores. Oral Oncol. 2022;132:106006. DOI:10.106/j.oraloncology.2022.106006
- Hong C, Khan M, Sukys J, Prasad M, Erson-Omay E, Vining E, Omay S. PIK3CA mutation in a case of CTNNB1 mutant sinonasal glomangiopericytoma. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2022;8(1):a006120 DOI:10.1101/mcs.a006120
- Sukys JM, Jiang R, Manes RP. Predicting Severe Complications After Endoscopic Trans-Nasal Trans-Sphenoidal (TNTS) Surgery: A Comparison of Frailty, ASA and Comorbidity Scores. J Neurol Surg B Skull Base 2021. DOI: 10.1055/s-0041-1740577
- Kremer C, Jiang R, Singh A, Sukys JM, Brackett A, Kohli N. Factors Affecting Posterior Glottic Stenosis surgery Outcomes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2021;130(10):1156-1163. DOI: 10.1177/0003489421997278
- Singh A, Kasle D, Torabi S, Sukys JM, Kohli N. A Review of Telemedicine Applications in Otolaryngology: Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Laryngoscope. 2021;131(4):744-759. DOI: 10.1002/lary.29131
- Rohlfing ML, Sukys JM, Poe D, Grundfast KM. Bilateral Congenital Cholesteatoma: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2018;107:25-30. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijporl.2018.01.013
- Doukas S, Sukys J, Spock T, Manes RP. “Handbook of Laboratory Animal Science: Essential Principal and Practices” 4th Edition update Chapter 11 – The Nose and Sinuses. CRC Press. May 18, 2021.